Fall Soccer Season 2008

So - Lipscomb is 3-1-1 in conference play, which is pretty awesome at this point in the season (as of 10/22). Please keep up with Charles' team at www.lipscombsports.com/msoccer. I haven't posted lots of pictures yet this year, so I better catch a few this weekend, while there are home games left. Here we are at a couple of hot early Oct. games!

Oh woops, here's my favorite game companion this year, Isabella Burk, the youngest fan. Thanks Kevin and Laura, for bringing my friend into this world in August! She makes me so happy!
Yes and here is Kevin on daddy-patrol right after a game is over. That is big time.






And here is what they do at games after they are not babies anymore - surf down the grassy hill. Videos of this to come.

From 'To A Young Son' by Julia Johnson Davis

In your face I sometimes see
Shadowings of the man to be,
And eager, dream of what my son
Will be in twenty years and one.

But when you are to manhood grown
And all your manhood ways are known,
Then shall I, wistful, try to trace
The child you once were in your face?

Older Morrow Blog Pictures/Posts

MY LITTLE ONE - By Tennessee Williams

My little one whose tongue is dumb, whose fingers cannot hold to things, who is so mercilessly young, he leaps upon the instant things, I hold him not.

Indeed, who could? He runs into the burning wood. Follow, follow if you can! He will come out grown to a man and not remember whom he kissed, who caught him by the slender wrist and bound him by a tender yoke which, understanding not, he broke.

Poem

We are so very glad that you are happy...
long may you keep so, my dear boy...
May you go on as well
as you have begun.
- Charles Darwin

BMorrow Blog Watchers