Manly Kinds of Things


Here we are watching some soccer on a very large screen along with constant highlights on various other sports, even some olympic trials.
Here we are at a woodstack, doing some stuff.
One of the things that is starting to become very obvious to me is that there are some things that the lady in the house just doesn't get. I don't get juiced up about the same stuff that the guys do and sometimes I forget that if there were any other girls in the house, I would not feel this way! It's okay, but believe me - I need some girl weekends....any takers?




Here are Trip and Will at the Hot Chicken Festival in Nashville July 4.

AHA - here is housework development for Trip and Will! I looked at another friend's blog to help form this idea and it has been great. Each little guy gets time with me and it helps the house run a lot more smoothly. Less naughtiness, and I like to call out sometimes - can you just make the dinner and do the laundry tonight, guys?

From 'To A Young Son' by Julia Johnson Davis

In your face I sometimes see
Shadowings of the man to be,
And eager, dream of what my son
Will be in twenty years and one.

But when you are to manhood grown
And all your manhood ways are known,
Then shall I, wistful, try to trace
The child you once were in your face?

Older Morrow Blog Pictures/Posts

MY LITTLE ONE - By Tennessee Williams

My little one whose tongue is dumb, whose fingers cannot hold to things, who is so mercilessly young, he leaps upon the instant things, I hold him not.

Indeed, who could? He runs into the burning wood. Follow, follow if you can! He will come out grown to a man and not remember whom he kissed, who caught him by the slender wrist and bound him by a tender yoke which, understanding not, he broke.

Poem

We are so very glad that you are happy...
long may you keep so, my dear boy...
May you go on as well
as you have begun.
- Charles Darwin

BMorrow Blog Watchers