Getting Ready for Next Year


Here is Trip at his desk in his room. He has really done well with learning how to write and he practices sometimes. I saw him just today make out all his numbers one through ten. It is so cute because a lot of the numbers are turned the wrong way. It'll all get straightened out in Kindergarten next year.

From 'To A Young Son' by Julia Johnson Davis

In your face I sometimes see
Shadowings of the man to be,
And eager, dream of what my son
Will be in twenty years and one.

But when you are to manhood grown
And all your manhood ways are known,
Then shall I, wistful, try to trace
The child you once were in your face?

Older Morrow Blog Pictures/Posts

MY LITTLE ONE - By Tennessee Williams

My little one whose tongue is dumb, whose fingers cannot hold to things, who is so mercilessly young, he leaps upon the instant things, I hold him not.

Indeed, who could? He runs into the burning wood. Follow, follow if you can! He will come out grown to a man and not remember whom he kissed, who caught him by the slender wrist and bound him by a tender yoke which, understanding not, he broke.

Poem

We are so very glad that you are happy...
long may you keep so, my dear boy...
May you go on as well
as you have begun.
- Charles Darwin

BMorrow Blog Watchers